Call for Applicants to Open Position with Sacred Space International
INVITATION TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION OF EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT, SACRED SPACE INTERNATIONAL
Through Sacred Sites,
We Manifest Peace
Throughout the World's Religions and Peoples
Sacred Space International LLC was founded in 2002 in response to the events of September 11, 2001 by Suzanne Morgan, AIA, Sacred Spaces Ambassador of the Parliament of the World's Religions. The organization is searching for a mid-career individual with an interest in participating in the growth and development of the organization's mission with enthusiasm and zest, a healthy sense of humor and exceptional qualifying credentials.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for general inquiries and communication, including phone, postal mail and email. Works in direct communications with the various constituents of the organization.
- Under supervision of the President, coordinate and schedule periodic meetings and assist with coordination of meetings of the Board of Directors, Advisory Board, etc. including communications, scheduling, meeting space arrangements, catering and travel.
- Manage the coordination of events, including scheduling, securing space, supplies and hospitality.
- Provide administrative support as needed to the President, including travel and hospitality arrangements, meeting scheduling and coordination, document and material preparation, etc.
- Provide organizational calendar maintenance, including managing conference room, conference line scheduling, important deadlines and other events relevant to the organization.
- Maintain office space, off-site storage and whatever communication issues to building maintenance.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by the President.
- Provide basic technical support to the President; troubleshoot basic issues with hardware, software and equipment. Identify priority issues and escalate to the President or contractor as needed. Work with the President to research and integrate new technologies solutions
- Writing Foundation, corporate and government grant proposal and reports, coordinating proposal budget with the President, conducting research on grants prospects and serving as a primary liaison with medium and small funders.
INDIVIDUAL DONORS RELATIONS
- Donor research and cultivation planning, donor follow-up, and written donor communication.
MAJOR DONOR RELATIONS
- Support the President in the ongoing cultivation and stewardship of major donors.
- Oversee management of the organization’s database.
- Write and submit monthly development reports.
- Manage the conceptualization, content creation, design and production material as needed.
- Carry out other such duties as assigned by the President.
- Education years & type of experience: Bachelor’s degree (Minimum).
- At least 10 years of administrative experience and 3 years of development experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CREDENTIALS: N/A
BASELINE KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- High Degree of computer competence in a combined Mac/Pc environment. Including familiarity with database, website content management, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite. Ability to troubleshoot and research IT issues and questions, and communicates effectively with IT vendors. Knowledge of modern nonprofit organizational structures and operations.
- Must have comfort level initiating new relationships and developing rapport with individuals from wide spectrum of sectors (faith/philanthropy/heritage/public/private/geographies).
- Strong phone presence.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and to travel frequently, nationally and internationally is a must.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, attention to details.
- Commitment to the Mission of Sacred Space International.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are NOT intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions.
In addition, this document does NOT create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Submit your resume and cover letter to:
1555 N. Sandburg Terrace, Suite 401K, Chicago, IL 60610-1335
Email to: [email protected]
Phone 312-640-0703 • Fax 312-640-1298