The Parliament of the World’s Religions Builds Toward 2023 Chicago Convening
The Parliament is building up toward the 9th Convening of the Parliament of the World’s Religions in Chicago, USA to advance the theme of “A Call to Conscience: Defending Freedom and Human Rights”.
The 2023 Parliament of the World’s Religions is primed to connect leaders in faith, government, media, academia, NGO advocacy, and an international mainstream audience with visions of a world where democracy, freedom, and human rights are the products of interfaith collaboration.
…A Growing Team
The team is growing as we build the planning and logistics staff for the 2023 Chicago Parliament. The contributions of Parliament supporters helps us build organizational capacity around Convenings to cultivate new partnerships and arrange logistics for a successful and impactful Convening.
The 2023 Convening team has welcomed six new staff members and is continuing to grow. The team brings logistical management expertise, compassionate service to the Parliament’s stakeholders, and inclusive partnership building locally and globally.
The Parliament is dedicated to making the 2023 Chicago Parliament Convening more accessible. Efforts to combat barriers to participation include ASL interpretation on the main stage, live streaming a selection of sessions for those who cannot physically attend, and building a scholarship fund for financial assistance toward registration costs. The contributions of Parliament supporters will make this possible.
The Parliament’s scholarship fund has made attending the Parliament more accessible throughout the history of the Convening. Awarded financial aid has allowed recipients to gain new resources, tools, strategies, and relationships through their participation at a Parliament Convening to bring back to their community.
…Capacity for Impact
Our mission relies on a network of supporters committed to the power of interreligious cooperation to make positive change. Producing a Parliament Convening requires teamwork and collaboration to accomplish our goals.
Goals of the 2023 Chicago Parliament:
- Exhibit and encounter the richness and diversity of the world’s religions and spiritual traditions
- Serve as a model of the values-based approach to social and global transformation
- Celebrate Chicago as the historic birthplace of the modern interfaith movement
- Host free public events to showcase and celebrate local diversity, community, organizations, and leaders across Greater Chicagoland
- Increase visibility of interfaith work in the Chicagoland area and identify opportunities for action to benefit Chicagoland communities
- Secure expanded global reporting of faith actors collaborating to advance action on protecting democracy, human rights, and freedom
How can you help us build?
- Make a year-end donation. Double that donation by asking your employer if they offer an employee donation match program.
- Become a member of the Parliament. Commit to a membership and join hundreds of members supporting our ongoing work.
- Let us know if there are organizations or corporations in your network that wish to build resources for Chicago, international, faith-centric, and activist initiatives sparking advances in democracy, freedom, and human rights in front of a global audience.