Interfaith 2015 Calendar Representing 17 Communities On Sale Now (RESOURCE)
Learning about the religious holidays of neighboring faiths is a positive personal step, but displaying an interfaith calendar in a home, school, business or workplace communicates interfaith pride to those around you 365 days a year. The Council of Religious Leaders of Metropolitan Chicago is offering the opportunity to purchase a nationally-recognized calendar which can serve as a personal and promotional tool for interfaith advocates. Hanging an interfaith calendar as a gesture alone strengthens the interfaith experience more every year. Building affinity for the experience of others, showcasing a commitment to building community relationships, and celebrating religious diversity are some of the main ways interfaith art communicates the importance of the movement with those around us. For planning and organizing interfaith events, a specialized interfaith calendar is also an essential tool. When choosing an interfaith calendar for 2015, the CRLMC calendar is rated highly for the number and diversity of faiths represented, its design quality, educational merits, and importantly, that the proceeds of the interfaith calendar support interfaith action. Comprehensive calendars like this recognize a wide spectrum of communities and include the dates and significance of lesser known holy days. The Council of Religious Leaders of Metropolitan Chicago's Interfaith Calendar is on sale today representing the traditions of 17 different communities. The specs on the product details and ordering procedures are as follows:
- The 2015 InterFaith Calendar is a spectacular 14" x 22" full-color, twelve-month, wall calendar produced with the cooperative effort of 17 Religious Communities.
- The InterFaith Calendar includes summaries of the basic beliefs, practices, religious writings, art and [U.S.] demographics of each faith community, and features a listing and explanation of religious observances.
- Early bird pricing discount applies for orders placed before October 1, 2014 with several payment options available by Paypal, Credit-Card, Check, or Money Order by post, e-mail, or phone
- Prices are reduced for bulk orders over 10
- The shipping fees can be billed after receipt of shipment
- Order Form Available Here (Click to open/download)
- For orders, Visit the Council of Religious Leaders of Metropolitan Chicago website, Call 773-595-4012, or email the Council at [email protected]
This calendar means so much to the CRLMC' that the Council recently honored its champion, Ms. Ilene Shaw, with one of three inaugural Interreligious Leadership awards alongside the Cardinal of Chicago's Archdiocese and one of the most respected Rabbis in Chicago, who was the 1993 Parliament of the World's Religion's Spokesman. In a statement, the CRLMC stated, “Mrs. Ilene Shaw, who, under the auspices of the CRLMC, “has made possible the production of an InterFaith Calendar featuring 17 different faith traditions describing their basic tenets, beliefs and observances. The calendar is recognized nationally as an excellent vehicle to promote interfaith understanding and respect.” If your organization is supporting the interfaith movement through educational products please contact the Parliament with shareable information.