Forums > The Parliaments > Topics

2018 Parliament: Room Share and Homestay Connections

posted on 2018-07-24, 1:21 pm

Seeking a homestay or have a Toronto home you woud like to open to 2018 Parliament attendees? This is a space to make those connections

Disclaimer: These homestay connections are not arranged by the Parliament of the World's Religions and the Parliament of the World's Religions has no legal liability for connections made through this forum

The Parliaments

Comments

Hello!

I'm Miranda and I'll be coming from Atlanta, GA, USA. I'm flying in on the 1st and out on the 6th. Since I'm traveling on a budget, I would love to be able to find a homestay in the area. Beyond that, I really want to see some of Toronto while I'm there because I haven't been there yet.

About me:
-23 y.o. female
-New Thought/Unity
-Need a non-smoking and cat-free homestay due to allergies

Thanks!

Nice

Hi,

I'm Steve, a retired Unity minister from San Diego, CA. Finding a homestay for the WPOR from 10/31 - 11/8 would be a wonderful gift as I am coming to the event on a limited budget. Although I am working as a volunteer at the conference, I'd be willing to help out around your home as an expression of my thanks. (My particulars -- 73 years on the planet and happily married, although my wife will not be accompanying me on this pilgrimage!).
Blessings,
Steve

Hello! I am a 55 year old full time teacher and Master's/Ministerial student who is looking to share a room I have booked near the Toronto Convention Center for Nov.1-5 (five nights checking out on the 6th). The total cost with taxes is $689.30 each.

Female roommate. please. No smoking. Even if you cannot stay all five nights, let's still talk, okay?

The room you booked is on share basses ? How I will get the confirmation as I need to show the booking to the Embassy..
If I able to secure visa I will pay to you .

Just looking for someone to share a hotel room. 31-Oct - 7-Nov. I'm quiet and considerate. It will be about $100 US per night for each of us.

Greetings ,

My self Aamir Munir42 years of age , attending the event , single person easy going looking for share based room for one week , would be great , if any one interested please let me know.

Hi Aamir...do you still need a space as we have a sofa bed in our one bedroom apartment , only 10 minutes walk from the Parliament. You can reply to me at anna.sophiawisdom@gmail.com, thanks Anna and Andrew from Australia

Greetings!
I'm registered at a B&B just blocks away. Has ensuite & of course breakfast included. Looking for 1 female to share - separate queen beds.
Cost is about $65/night. Prefer someone to share entire week but will consider shorter stay.
Contact me by direct email for more details.

Hello, my name is Donna. My female, systematic theologian professor and I have rented an Airbnb condo directly across the street from the Convention Center, from 11/1 to 11/7. we need a third roommate who would share my bathroom, have full access to the kitchen and laundry, and have a pullout bed to sleep in. total cost per night of USD $83. our only requirements are female, non-smoking. please reply directly to dzuroweste@sbcglobal.net (the Parliament's website would not let me change my password, so the other e-mail is an old one I no longer use). THANKS!

My partner Andrew and I are coming from Australia and have space available in a one bedroom apartment we booked from 31st Oct -7th Nov that is only 10 minutes walk from the Metro Convention Centre. There is a pull out sofa bed in a separate room that would accomodate another couple or a single person. The cost would be $500 CAN for a single person for the week, though we are flexible..Kitchen, bathroom, laundry, wifi etc. Please let me know if you are interested: anna.sophiawisdom@gmail.com

My Husband and I are looking for a home stay or someone who needs roommates for a hotel room. We are hoping to find way to save money but are happy to help someone else. We are open to many different options.
Let me know at permaculture@gardener.com
thank you
Megan

Hi Megan our space is still available are you and your husband interested to share with us? thanks Anna
My email is anna.sophiawisdom@gmail.com.

Hi, I am from Denver, Colorado and am looking for a hotel room to share beginning Oct. 31, 2018, and leaving November 7, 2018. In addition to the Parliament, I would like to tour some of the Toronto sites. I am a psychotherapist, 72 years old, non-smoker and looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends.

Hi Katness, our one bedroom apartment still has a space available with a pull out in the lounge ...Its very modern and 10 minutes walk to the parliament. The share cost would be $500 CA. You can email me on anna.sophiawisdom@gmail.com

-

Hi!. If you are still looking, my roommate for exactly those dates just cancelled... I am staying at the Strathcona hotel. You can reach me via email at wholeness@nym.hush.com.

Wherever you end up, I know it's perfect!
Johanna

Well, just as I hit "save" I received a call from a colleague, and now no longer need a roommate. All the best to everyone looking for a place to stay!