General Release - The Parliament of the World's Religions, identified as “PoWR" in the rest of this document, asks presenter to agree to the following conditions:
- If selected, I agree to present at, and participate in, the 2023 Parliament of the World's Religions, August 14-18 (referred to as the Parliament or the Convening in the rest of this document.)
- I consent to the use of my name, image, likeness, professional resume and also my participation in the Parliament, at any time, by any form of media, to promote the Convening (including where such information has been provided by me).
- I acknowledge and consent to PoWR taking photographs, electronic images, video, and/or audio recording ("Recordings") of me and of my participation in the Parliament.
- I acknowledge and agree that the Recording will be owned by PoWR and that it may use the recording for promotional, educational or other non-commercial purposes without my further consent being necessary.
- In the event of cancellation, or an amendment to topic content, I must advise PoWR immediately for consideration. No presenter substitution or topic amendment will be permitted without PoWR approval in advance.
- I agree with and will follow the principles guiding the Parliament, which are:
- respectful dialogue including non-proselytizing; we do not attempt to convert others or speak derogatorily about any tradition
- willingness to engage in interreligious, respectful dialogue
- openness to explore topics in a compassionate manner, including those that are potentially divisive, from a variety of viewpoints.
- I agree to indemnify PoWR in full against all loss, damages, injury, costs and expenses (including legal and other professional fees and expenses) awarded against or incurred or paid by PoWR as a result of my breach of the conditions and warranties given in this agreement.
- I expressly release PoWR, its successors and assigns from any claim I may have had against it but for the consents provided in this agreement.
- I understand that I am responsible for additional costs of my presentation which include registration fees.
Submission - I agree to, and warrant that:
- The submission is my original work, and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity and cannot be construed as plagiarising any other published work.
- The submission contains no statement that is abusive, defamatory, libellous, obscene, fraudulent, nor in any way infringes the rights of others, nor is in any other way unlawful or in violation of applicable laws.
- If the presentation/s was/were prepared jointly with other authors, I warrant that I have been authorised by all co-authors to sign this agreement on their behalf, and to agree on their behalf the order of names in the publication of the abstract. I will notify PoWR organisers (in writing) of the names of any such co-authors.
- PWR may use or distribute the submission for promotional, educational or other non-commercial purposes without my further consent being necessary.
Editorial Changes - I grant the PoWR the right to make such editorial changes as may be necessary to make the abstract suitable for publication, or as reasonably considered necessary to avoid infringing third party rights or law, and provide me with the opportunity to review the abstract as prepared for publication prior to publication. I agree that the PoWR reserves the right not to proceed with publication for whatever reason.
Material Distribution - I give permission for my name to be included with a Participant list which will be produced for the Parliament that will be supplied to organizing bodies and all participants attending the Convening.
Download a PDF copy of Speaker Terms and Conditions