Each Parliament of the World’s Religions is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. No Parliament is like the other, but one constant is the amazing work and dedication that our volunteers contribute to making each conference unforgettable.
The 9th Parliament of the World’s Religions is gathering in Chicago, USA on August 14th through August 18th for the 2023 Parliament of the World’s Religions.
Volunteers are needed to assist in the lead-up to and during the event.
Process of Eligibility
Any individual interested in volunteering for the 2023 Parliament of the World’s Religions is required to:
- Complete the 2023 Volunteer Application Form – All individuals are expected to complete this form. Please note that this is just the first step in the process, completing this form does not guarantee that you will be approved as a Parliament volunteer. Volunteer assignments will be based on the answers submitted.
- Complete a background check – All individuals who will serve as volunteers are required to complete a background check. Background checks must be completed before being eligible for the reduced registration cost.
- Register for the 2023 Parliament of the World’s Religions – All individuals who successfully complete the Application Form and the background check must register for the 2023 Parliament of the World’s Religions, a special registration link will be sent to each individual who has completed the first two steps in the process.
- Complete Training – All volunteers are expected to complete a general, role-specific, and conference training before the conference.
- Approve Volunteer Schedule – All volunteers will receive a volunteer schedule based on the times and roles identified during the Application Form.
Registration Costs for Volunteers
Individuals who volunteer 20+ hours from August 13th through August 18th at the 2023 Parliament Convening can attend the event for a reduced fee of $50 USD. In addition to the registration cost, volunteers are expected to pay for their background checks.
Please note that the registration cost does not include room and board, transportation, or food.