No current event for this Program
The Parliament of the World’s Religions is your partner in observing World Interfaith Harmony Week (WIHW).
Join the Parliament of the World’s Religions is observing the yearly commemoration of interfaith harmony in the world. Our team want to help you host an interfaith event as part of the UN’s official observance of World Interfaith Harmony Week.
What is World Interfaith Harmony Week?
The World Interfaith Harmony Week is based on UNGA Resolution A/65/PV.34 for a worldwide week of interfaith harmony. It was proposed in 2010 by HM King Abdullah II and HRH Prince Ghazi bin Muhammad of Jordan. All around the world, organizations, and individuals host events during the first week of February to help neighbors of different faiths get to know each other and build a foundation for more peaceful and friendly communities.
World Interfaith Harmony Week encourages grassroots events that link people together in a global wave of understanding, respect, and action. Events organized in observance of World Interfaith Harmony Week have the opportunity to win a trip to Jordan and cash prizes of $25,000 for 1st place, $15,000 for 2nd place, and $5,000 for 3rd place if selected as a top-quality event.
The World Interfaith Harmony Week provides a platform—one week in a year—when all interfaith groups and other groups of goodwill can show the world what a powerful movement they are.
• Sign up for our World Interfaith Harmony Week Interest Form
• Join the Parliament’s PoWR Partner network on Facebook and engage with interfaith organizers from around the world.
• Apply to host a World Interfaith Harmony Week event with the Parliament
• Create an account with World Interfaith Harmony Week
• Add your event to the World Interfaith Harmony Week Calendar
• Explore the Resources available for Hosts
• Attend upcoming Events!
• Read and Share Blogs from fellow organizers
• Use the hashtag #InterfaithPoWR on social media
At the Parliament of the World’s Religions, we believe that observing World Interfaith Harmony Week and helping individuals host events in observance is an extension of our mission to cultivate harmony among the world's religious and spiritual communities and foster their engagement with the world and its guiding institutions in order to achieve a just, peaceful and sustainable world.
The Parliament is a non-governmental organization associated with the UN through the United Nations Department of Public Information (UN-DPI). Our UN Task Force facilitates participation across several annual activities at the UN, to align the efforts of the Parliament of the World's Religions to the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals, and advocate for interfaith perspectives and actions with:
• World Interfaith Harmony Week (February 1 - 7)
• The Commission on the Status of Women
• United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues
• UN-DPI Annual Conference
How can the Parliament help me host a WIHW event?
The Parliament of the World’s Religions is committed to helping interfaith organizers from around the world by providing them with organization tools, promotion opportunities, and the opportunity to join our growing global network.
• Organization Tools - Visit our Resources page for access to Event Hosting Toolkits, a list of event ideas, and reflections from past organizers.
• Promotion Opportunities - The Parliament will promote your event on the Parliament website, our PoWR Partners page, and individuals who apply to host a WIHW event with the Parliament can add the Parliament’s Facebook page as a co-host of their event.
• Join our Growing Global Network - Join the Parliament’s PoWR Partners Facebook group and connect with interfaith organizers from around the world.
About World Interfaith Harmony Week
Visit WorldInterfaithHarmonyWeek.com to learn more.
Follow World Interfaith Harmony Week on their social media platforms at:
About the John Templeton Foundation
The John Templeton Foundation serves as a philanthropic catalyst for discoveries relating to the deepest and most perplexing questions facing humankind. They support research on subjects ranging from complexity, evolution, and emergence to creativity, forgiveness, and free will.
The Foundation encourages civil, informed dialogue among scientists, philosophers, and theologians, as well as between such experts and the public at large. In all cases, their goal is the same: to spur curiosity and accelerate discovery.
Inspired by the intellectual legacy of Sir John Templeton, the vision of the John Templeton Foundation is one of infinite scientific and spiritual progress, in which all people aspire to and attain a deeper understanding of the universe and their place in it. They look forward to a world where people are curious about the wonders of the universe, motivated to pursue lives of meaning and purpose, and overwhelmed by great and selfless love.
Visit Templeton.org to learn more.
About the Parliament of the World’s Religions
The Parliament of the World’s Religions is the world’s largest, oldest, most diverse and inclusive convening organization of the global interfaith movement. The Parliament of the World's Religions was created to cultivate harmony among the world's religious and spiritual communities and foster their engagement with the world and its guiding institutions in order to achieve a just, peaceful and sustainable world.
To accomplish this, we invite individuals and communities who are equally invested in attaining this goal.