Promotion Opportunities at the Parliament
The Parliament is committed to helping organizers hosting Parliament-affiliated World Interfaith Harmony Week events. Organizers who submit their event as a World Interfaith Harmony Week event with the Parliament will have the option of having their events promoted by our Staff on Facebook, where the Parliament will serve as an event co-host, and on our website, through a blog post.
Organizing an event is only the first step in hosting a successful World Interfaith Harmony Week event. Organizers should strategize on making the attendee list at the event as diverse as the programming. Our team has identified a variety of resources for organizers to help in their promotion efforts.
• Develop a brief description of your World Interfaith Harmony Week event - including the overall purpose and logistical information - for use in networking, publicity and promotional materials.
• Find ways to tap into existing networks of communities and organizations to promote the event through presentations, distribution of printed material, email, websites, and social media.
• Use free publicity to promote the event in the wider community, such as listings in local newspapers and journals, and community service announcements on television, radio, and websites.
• Create a press release for advance and on-site coverage of the event by the local media. Be sure to designate an official spokesperson for media. Look online for some great resources for media planning, a good starting guide is Marketing MO’s Traditional Media Examples.
• Find examples of organizations making climate commitments, learn about which areas are most important for making commitments, connect with faith and spiritual communities worldwide making commitments, and share resources.