Starr King School for the Ministry
The mission of Starr King School for the Ministry is to educate people for Unitarian Universalist ministry and for progressive religious leadership in society.
Starr King School’s distinctive educational approach is rooted in the Unitarian Universalist values of countering oppressions, cultivating multi-religious life and learning, and creating just and sustainable communities.
Starr King School aims to educate the whole person in the service of love, compassion, and justice, through:
- Teaching by who we are and what we do
- Student-centered participatory learning
- Excellence and depth in religious studies
- Formation in the arts of religious leadership
- Service with congregations and communities
- Active membership in the Graduate Theological Union
- Deepening self-awareness and cultivating spiritual practice
- Striving to live in right relationship with self, others, and the earth