The 2022 World Interfaith Harmony Week (WIHW) observance kicks off on January 29th and ends on March 3rd.
World Interfaith Harmony Week is based on UNGA Resolution A/65/PV.34 for a worldwide week of interfaith harmony. All around the world, organizations and individuals host events during the first week of February to help neighbors of different faiths get to know each other and build a foundation for more peaceful and friendly communities.
World Interfaith Harmony Week encourages grassroots events that link people together in a global wave of understanding, respect, and action.
Join thousands of interfaith organizers around the world in supporting the World Interfaith Harmony Week, here are 5 ways you can get involved!
- Submit a Letter of Support – In 2022, join the Parliament in a letter-writing campaign in support of UN World Interfaith Harmony Week. Letters should simply let others know that you support the annual observance of World Interfaith Harmony Week in your community and around the world. Letters can be written by an individual, an organization’s representative, or a faith leader in your community.
- Submit a Video Message – Another way to support the work of the WIHW initiative is by submitting a video message in support of UN World Interfaith Harmony Week, you can find examples here.
- Sponsor an Official City Resolution – Individuals and local organizers can sponsor an official city resolution from your local city government acknowledging the first week of February as Interfaith Harmony Week. Your city can join 20 cities from around the world, simply check with your local government on the requirements or contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional resources.
- Attend an Observance – Organizers around the world are hosting virtual and if local policies allow, in person, observances of World Interfaith Harmony Week. You can explore upcoming observances by checking the event calendar hosted by the WIHW initiative here.
- Host an Event – Join organizers around the world by hosting an observance of World Interfaith Harmony Week. You can join the UN observance on the first week of February or host an event between January 29th and March 3rd. Events hosted and registered with the WIHW initiative can qualify to win the HM King Abdullah II World Interfaith Harmony Week Prize.
At the Parliament of the World’s Religions, we believe that observing World Interfaith Harmony Week and supporting events hosted in observance is an extension of our mission to cultivate harmony among the world’s religious and spiritual communities and foster their engagement with the world and its guiding institutions in order to achieve a just, peaceful and sustainable world.
Have questions about the global observance or would like to invite a member of our team to participate in an observance event? Contact our Program Manager, email@example.com