World Interfaith Harmony Week 2021 Event Reports Due!
The official observance of UN World Interfaith Harmony Week 2021 concludes on Sunday, February 28th. Organizers are encouraged to submit event reports of their WIHW celebrations, the event report serves as the official submission for the H.M. King Abdullah II World Interfaith Harmony Week Prize which recognizes the three best events organized during the UN World Interfaith Harmony Week which best promote the goals of the World Interfaith Harmony Week. Prizes are awarded to each event that is judged to have been most successful in promoting interfaith harmony and impacting religious understanding.
The last day to submit is Sunday, March 7th. Don’t miss this great opportunity! Have a look at some of this year’s reports that have already been submitted.
To enter the 2021 prize:
- the Event must be held between January 30th and February 28th, 2021
- the Event must be submitted on the WIHW website (see HERE)
- an Event Report must be submitted by March 7th, 2021 (see HERE for last year’s Reports and HERE for what they should contain)
The prizes are:
- First $5,000
- Second $3,000
- Third $1,000
The report submitted is the submission judges will look at to select the winners for the prize. The World Interfaith Harmony Week team recommends that submissions be, “concise, whilst giving an accurate and comprehensive report of the event and its impact.”
Judges will be looking at hundreds of reports. In judging, the judges take into consideration:
- The excellence of efforts
- Collaboration and impact of events
- Efforts made despite scantiness of resources
- Consistent efforts made over the years
- Whether events are consistent with the text of the UN Resolution establishing the Prize
- Whether events specifically celebrate the World Interfaith Harmony Week rather than good interfaith work in general
Please feel free to use all media at your disposal. We ask that you include:
- An event report describing the event and its impact in promoting the message of the WIHW
- Media links to reports, videos, pictures, and audio
- Links to event website and social media
- Any other supporting documents (e.g. testimonies)