Thank you for your interest in proposing a session for the 2018 Parliament of the World's Religions! Event organizers are eager to offer you a streamlined process for submitting your proposal. Please read through the following information to help you plan and submit a complete application.
Programming for the 2018 Parliament will focus largely, but not exclusively on:
- the broad critical issues of our mission statement: justice, peace, and sustainability
- our critical constituencies (Indigenous Peoples, The Next Generations, and Women and Girls)
- our signature document, Towards a Global Ethic, An Initial Declaration (also known as Global Ethic)
The following proposal form will be completed by one individual, the primary presenter, on behalf of all co-presenters in the proposed session.
The 2018 Parliament of the World’s Religions proposal application form allows up to a total of five presenters per session.
Note: once the proposal application is open in your web browser, an incomplete form may be saved as a draft. In order to utilize this function, applicants should login using a Parliament of the World's Religions account and passcode.
To create an account for ParliamentOfReligions.org, click on “Create an account” in the upper right corner of the home page and follow the instructions.
Once you have created your profile, only the primary presenter may access the form.
If you are already registered to attend the Parliament of the World’s Religions some of your information may already be available. Please have the following information ready at the time of your application for the primary and co-presenters of your proposed session:
- The full name, professional title and organizational information of each session’s applicant
- Complete mailing and e-mail addresses and telephone contact information
- A short, one-sentence biography
- A longform (up to 100 words) biography for each presenter
- An image or headshot (under 2mb)
- Proposed Session Title
- program description of 100 words or less
- Dates of availability to schedule the program
- Proposed length of session: 45 minutes, 60 minutes, or 90 minutes
- The logistical needs for presenting your program (AV requirements, room setup, room size)
For the optimal consideration, scheduling, and promotion of programs, the proposal form requires that the following data is submitted:
- You will be able to designate that your session relates to a number of categories, including religious/spiritual traditions, critical issues and more.
- You will be asked to select a professional category for each session presenter.
- You will be asked for keywords of your proposed session that will be used to tag all scheduled programs on the 2018 Parliament of the World’s Religions program mobile-app.
Presenter names, biographical information, program title, and program description of selected programs may be printed as submitted in this proposal in the 2018 Parliament of the World's Religions program book and app. Please ensure accurate, copy-edited information is submitted at the time of this application.
The Parliament of the World's Religions reserves the right to proof and edit your submission as necessary for appropriate spelling, grammar, clarity, and brevity.
In order to ensure that your proposal is given full consideration, the Parliament of the World's Religions may need to contact you or any co-presenter listed in your proposal. Please ensure that all proposed co-presenters are accessible in a reasonable timeframe through the contact information provided. All proposed presenters will be included in the Parliament of the World's Religions contact database and may receive e-mail or postal mail as appropriate.
A high volume of programming proposals are anticipated. To achieve a desired balance of breadth of topics and demographic identities, the number of selected programs will be determined by the number of available program slots.
Once your program is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email which includes a link to your completed proposal. Programming staff will contact session applicants with any additional questions. All proposals will be reviewed and considered. Please refrain from contacting the Parliament of the World's Religions office for inquiries about the status of review. Final decisions will be communicated after May 1, 2018.
Hundreds of selected presenters will be traveling to Toronto from outside of Canada. Please ensure you have researched the visa requirements for your country to grant a visa to visit Canada. It is not recommended to wait for programming decisions to determine an application for a visa into Canada. Registered attendees only may request a letter confirming participation in the event. For assistance only related to visa applications and your pending proposal, please contact the Parliament program officers at parliamentofreligions.org/contact.