Thank you for your interest in proposing a session for the 2021 Parliament of the World's Religions! Event organizers are eager to offer you a streamlined process for submitting your proposal. Please read through the following information to help you plan and submit a complete application.
In order for you to present a program, you and all of your co-presenters must register for the Parliament at parliamentofreligions.org/2021reg
Programming for the 2021 Parliament will focus largely, but not exclusively on:
- The theme of "Opening our Hearts to the World: Compassion in Action."
- the broad critical issues of our mission statement: justice, peace, and sustainability
- our critical constituencies (Indigenous Peoples, The Next Generations, and Women and Girls)
- our signature document, Towards a Global Ethic, An Initial Declaration (also known as Global Ethic)
The following proposal form will be completed by one individual, the primary presenter, on behalf of all co-presenters in the proposed session.
The 2021 Parliament of the World’s Religions proposal application form allows up to a total of five presenters per session. You will be asked to let us know if there are more than 5 presenters in your session.
Note: Once the proposal application is open in your web browser, an incomplete form may be saved as a draft. In order to utilize this function, applicants should login using a Parliament of the World's Religions account and passcode.
To create an account for ParliamentOfReligions.org, click on “Create an account” in the upper right corner of the home page and follow the instructions.
Once you have created your profile, only the primary presenter may access the form.
If you are already registered to attend the Parliament of the World’s Religions some of your information may already be available. Please have the following information ready at the time of your application for the primary and co-presenters of your proposed session:
- The full name, professional title, and organizational information of each session’s applicant
- Complete mailing and email addresses and telephone contact information
- A biography for each presenter
- An image or headshot (under 2mb). The preferred size is 700x700.
- Proposed Session Title
- Program description
- The logistical needs for presenting your program
For the optimal consideration, scheduling, and promotion of programs, the proposal form requires that the following data is submitted:
- You will be able to designate that your session relates to a number of categories, including religious/spiritual traditions, critical issues and more.
- You will be asked to select a professional category for each session presenter.
- You will be asked for keywords of your proposed session that will be used to tag all scheduled programs on the virtual event site.
Please ensure accurate, copy-edited information is submitted at the time of this application.
The Parliament of the World's Religions reserves the right to proof and edit your submission as necessary for appropriate spelling, grammar, clarity, and brevity.
In order to ensure that your proposal is given full consideration, the Parliament of the World's Religions may need to contact you or any co-presenter listed in your proposal. Please ensure that all proposed co-presenters are accessible in a reasonable timeframe through the contact information provided. All proposed presenters will be included in the Parliament of the World's Religions contact database and may receive email or postal mail as appropriate.
A high volume of programming proposals are anticipated. To achieve a desired balance of breadth of topics and demographic identities, the number of selected programs will be determined by the number of available program slots.
Once your program is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email which includes a link to your completed proposal. Programming staff will contact session applicants with any additional questions. All proposals will be reviewed and considered as long as they are submitted by May 31, 2021. Please refrain from contacting the Parliament of the World's Religions office for inquiries about the status of review. Final decisions will be communicated after August 1, 2021.