From Takin’ It to the Streets Info Section Takin’ It to the Streets is a Muslim-led festival where artistic expression, spirituality and urban creativity inspire social change. Takin’ It to the Streets bridges today’s cultural divides by connecting diverse racial, ethnic, and religious communities through a dynamic festival. The festival will enrich cross-cultural community building not only in Chicago, but around the world.
- Mos Def – Grammy Winner
- Brother Ali – Minnesota, USA
- Tinarwein – Mali
- Chabab al Andalous – Morocco
- And many more!
- Unity Stage: Reflects this unifying principle and showcases the diverse musical talents of contemporary artists
- Hip Hop Pavilion: Bringing together the elements of MCing, DJing, Breakin’, and graff art, with skateboarding and workshops
- World Music Stage: Blending global expression of traditional art forms through international artists
- Streets Stage: The festival’s signature stage bringing together dynamic performers and inspiring speakers
- Faith & Justice: Speakers, panel discussion, and dialogue on a variety of issues relating to spirituality & social change
- International Bazaar: Cultural artifacts, multi-ethnic cuisine, community organizations and more!
- Health & Wellness Fair: Free health screenings, information on healthy living and refreshments
- Sports Arena: 3-on-3 Basketball tournament open to all
- Family Zone: Rides, interactive games, children’s activities, and family-friendly performances
- Prayer Center: A quite space open all day for meditation, reflection and prayer
Click here to read more about the festival