Parliament Co-Sponsors the Daylong Intensive AWAKENED ACTION
On Sunday, June 21st the Parliament of the World’s Religions is partnering with the Upaya Institute and Zen Center and the The Loka Initiative at the University of Wisconsin-Madison to host the “AWAKENED ACTION: Women Leaders Speak to the Climate Catastrophe and Pandemic and Explore Strategies for a Sane, Just, and Compassionate Future”.
This extraordinary daylong intensive that you are invited to attend is a deep plunge into the facts, faith, and politics around our climate catastrophe and the effects of climate change and the pandemic on our shared future. The presenters are women of action, who are renowned leaders in their respective fields, all of whom have deep regard for the ways in which world view, values, science, and contemplative practice play an essential role in how we shape a future that is just, sane, and compassionate. The program includes key presentations and talks from climate scientists, perspectives from long-term contemplatives and environmentalists, and insights from social historians.
Featuring Dekila Chungyalpa; Christiana Figueres; Jane Fonda; Roshi Joan Halifax, PhD; Sensei Wendy Johnson; Sensei Kritee Kanko, PhD; Stephanie Kaza, PhD; Diana Liverman, PhD; Joanna Macy, PhD; Rebecca Solnit; Heather McTeer Toney, JD
- Register today now for this free, online (donation only) program on June 21. Information about how to access and all materials are forthcoming.
- The program will be hosted on the Zoom platform for all three talks; you will receive the zoom link within 48 hours of the start of the program.
- You will receive the technical aspects of this retreat.
- Schedule from 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. MT.
- A reading list and readings will be provided.
- Click here for schedule and see below.